From the Dumb Friends League (Denver, Colorado 80231)
Tracy, Helton and Tulo were found wandering the streets a few days ago and brought to the Dumb Friends League for help. All three kittens are only 6 weeks old, meaning that they are too young for adoption right now. They are just three of the many pets looking for temporary homes.
You can open up your home and heart temporarily to help pets in need like Tracy, Helton and Tulo.
Why should you foster?
- It’s rewarding. You truly make a hands-on difference for the pet you’re fostering, as well as the other homeless animals in our care.
- There’s absolutely no cost. We provide foster families with everything needed: food, bedding, toys, cat litter and other supplies, as well as veterinary care.
- It’s fun. You get all the enjoyment of owning a pet without the long-term commitment.
You decide how long you foster and what type of pet. We work with your schedule and needs.
What type of pets need foster care?
All kinds! Foster volunteers provide in-home care for pets until they are ready for adoption or space is available at one of our two shelters. Right now, we particularly need foster homes for adult cats.
Other pets needing foster care include:
- Kittens and puppies that are too young for adoption
- Mother cats and dogs nursing their litters
- Pets recovering from illness or injury
- Those needing extra socialization
- Cats that would benefit being available for adoption via our Home Buddies program
Plus, we rely on foster homes to help provide needed space at our shelters for incoming animals.
Become a foster parent today! Learn more about this life-saving program and how you can make a difference. Then complete a foster application to get started.