From the Dumb Friends League (Denver, Colorado 80231)
Our four-legged friends need your help this holiday season. The Dumb Friends League is holding its annual Paws to Give fund drive in November and December to help care for more than 24,000 homeless pets this coming year.
“We need your help now more than ever,” said Bob Rohde, Dumb Friends League president and CEO. “Any amount you can give—whether it’s $10, $25, $50 or more—is much appreciated and can make a big difference for the pets and people in our community.”
Financial contributions can be made online on the Dumb Friends League web site or by mailing a check to Dumb Friends League Paws to Give, 2080 S. Quebec St., Denver, CO 80231.
In addition to making a financial donation, you can also help homeless pets by doing your holiday shopping at the Dumb Friends League:
- Sit… Stay… Shop. Visit the Sit… Stay… Shop at both shelters for gourmet pet treats, food and supplies such as pet beds, toys, collars and leashes.
- 2012 pet calendars. Purchase a full-color 2012 Dumb Friends League pet-photo calendar for $15. Print an order form from the Dumb Friends League web site and mail it to the Dumb Friends League, 2080 S. Quebec St., Denver, CO 80231, or fax it to (303) 696-0063. These calendars are also available for purchase at the shelters’ Sit… Stay… Shops.
- Holiday cards. Mail holiday cards to the pet lovers in your life (10 cards and envelopes for $15). Print an order form from the Dumb Friends League web site and mail it to the Dumb Friends League, 2080 S. Quebec St., Denver, CO 80231, or fax it to (303) 696-0063. These cards are also available for purchase at the shelters’ Sit… Stay… Shop.
- Gift cards. Purchase a Dumb Friends League gift card for the pet lovers in your life. The gift card may be used toward an adoption fee or items at either Sit… Stay… Shop.
- Online Shop. Visit the online shop on the Dumb Friends League web site where you will find a variety of shirts, hats, coffee mugs, tote bags and other items.
The funds raised will help the Dumb Friends League care for thousands of needy cats, dogs and other small pets. The private, nonprofit organization spends approximately $300 for each homeless pet, including shelter, food and medical care. Last year 19,535 pets were adopted to new homes or returned to their owners by Dumb Friends League. In addition to adopting homeless pets, the League offers other services, including lost and found, humane education, behavior training, animal cruelty investigations and donor-subsidized spay/neuter surgeries for pets in underserved areas.
For more information on the Dumb Friends League and how you can help, visit the Paws to Give web page or call (303) 751-5772.